Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Author Interview with Em Taylor, author of Saved by a Rake

Saved by a Rake Tour Banner

 

Today on the blog we have Em Taylor, author of Saved by a Rake for an interview. Thanks for taking the time to stop by for an interview Em. Let’s kick back and find out more about this wonderful author and her book.

 

Author In

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

Not really. I never really thoughht of writing as a job and I was told my imagination was to active... as if that's a bad thing. I never really knew what i wanted to be until I tried writing fan fiction. Then I knew.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

Probably when I first had a story published.

How long did it take to get your first book published?

I was lucky. The first story I submitted was accepted for publication. Though I have had rejections since.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

I am a teacher in real life and that's all I'm willing to say on the subject.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

My latest book is called "Saved by a Rake." Rebecca has been ravished and faces ruin until until a sexy rake marries her to ensure his inheritance.

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

This book has been self-published.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

Two to three months depending on my editor's schedule.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I want to write more regency rmances but I also have a series on space vampires started and a few contemporary ideas

What genre would you place your books into?

Historical regency romance

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

I love the era. It's so decadent and while outwardly they were all prim and proper, inwardly there was a lot of lustiness and desire.

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

I always love my heroes. They tend to be more beta males than alpha males because that would be the kind of man I would prefer.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?

I started writing fan fiction at the beginning of 2011. Friends who loved fan fiction encouraged me to give it a try.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Yes though i do believe it is not a particularly healthy activity.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

The title usually comes to me while I am writing the first few chapters of a book.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

I tend to use internet name generators. I just generate names until I find one I like.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

I'm a real pantser so I tend to decide on them as I go along

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")

No, though I do tend to try to deal with serious issues and try not to skip over them. I hope I have done jusstice to Rebecca's ordeal in Saved by a Rake.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

Being a mutitasker, I've become a fan of books (I can eat while reading) and audiobooks (I usually drive with them playing).

What is your favorite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?

Usually the one I am currently reading or the last one I read, with a few exceptions.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favorite/worst book to movie transfer?

I think it depends what you want out of the movie. I just watched the BBC adaption of Sense and Sensibility and thoroughly enjoyed it. Most movies have to cut out bits of the story to make it fit the time on screen.

Your favorite food is?

pepperoni pizza

Your favorite singer/group is?

Donnie Munro (A Scottish singer who used to be the lead singer of the band Runrig.)

Your favorite color is?

Purple

Remember to check out today’s spotlight to find out more about Em and Saved by a Rake.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this and for participating in the tour!!
    <3 C.C.
    Intern @ My Family's Heart Book Reviews & Tours

    ReplyDelete