Today author M.E. Yildirim joins us and shares her top ten Paranormal Authors. We would like to thank her for stopping by today and sharing with us. I am so giddy to see we share a lot of favorite authors, they just totally rock! So enough blabering, over to you M.E. Yildirim ….
As an author of Paranormal Romance I feel special affiliation with the genre. Like everybody I have favorite writers, their novels occupy a special place on my shelves for plenty of different reasons. Each and every one of them introduced me to the world of supernatural in their own way.
1) Nalini Singh with her Psy/Changeling, along with Guild Hunter series. Absolutely adore everything about her writing. Complex stories, very real characters with intriguing personalities, vivid style of writing and an exceptional way of describing everything from the reality of the world she creates, to its inhabitants. For staying true to her series, and taking great care in delivering the best next book in series possible.
2) Lara Adrian and her Midnight Breed series. According to the author her Breed warriors are the ultimate bad boy mostly for being vampires. No matter what kind of super in the supernatural we prefer, it is hard to deny these men possess a fine dose of charm.
3) Kresley Cole with her Immortals After Dark series because it is hard not to enjoy her sly sense of humor while discovering the secrets of the Lore. The attributes she ascribes to every faction of her secret world, along with their prejudices against one another are what makes it hard to put her books away.
4) Christine Feehan for the Carpathian novels about a powerful and ancient race. Her books introduced me to Paranormal Romance as a genre. There are already twenty five books in this series and still coming.
5) Nora Roberts and I realize most people think of her as a Contemporary Romance Author, but she has a few series revolting around supernatural which I highly value. My favorite being the Circle Trilogy, where we can find gods, goddesses, thousands of years old vampires and many more.
6) Maggie Stiefvater, young-adult fiction writer, specializing in urban fantasy. I was completely enchanted by The Wolves of Mercy Falls. I enjoyed her Books of Faerie series as well. I find her writing style slightly different than other authors, and it seems refreshing.
7) Gena Showalter with her Lords of the Underworld and Alien Huntress series, because I like her style of writing, sense of humor, and ideas.
8) Dianne Duvall and her Immortal Guardians series about an intriguing world of immortal warriors. No matter their age they all seem up to speed with modern times and slang.
9) Alexandra Ivy and her Guardians of Eternity series for the skillful way of mixing humor, danger and the sex appeal of her characters.
10) Larissa Ione and her Demonica series. Why? Shifters, vampires, fallen angels, danger and romance combined. That's what Paranormal Romance is all about.