Thursday, September 26, 2013

Character Interview with Cora Device from Returned and Before by author Keeley Smith.

Returned and Before Banner 450 x 169

 

Hi guys, today we are joined by Cora Device from Returned and Before by author Keeley Smith. I was told that the end of the interview would completely blow my mind, so let’s get on with it.

 

Character

Character Name: Cora Device

Character Bio: I’m 17 years old, and will always remain 17 years old. How much does that suck? I recently found out that I’m a witch.... and I’m still mastering my power but I can’t tell you too much about it. I shouldn’t be talking to a commoner about such things... I live with my mum, who isn’t actually my mum because my real mum was hung for being a witch, but my mum now is pretty cool. I also work with another witch called Tabitha and I have a coven with witches in it... sorry, this could get confusing and for your safety I won’t tell you too much more.

 

clip_image002

Describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?

I would say my best quality is my sarcasm but some would disagree, I really like to push it and annoy them. My worst quality... I don’t have one

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

That I’m a witch and I can kick their ass. Unfortunately we can’t tell commoners, you are really very lucky that Tabitha has allowed me to tell you and talk with you today.

What is your biggest secret something no one knows about?

Other than being a witch...I guess I keep it a secret that I’m afraid of death. I like literally fear it. I guess because when I’m going to die it will probably be the result of severe pain I fear it more. Trouble seems to find me no matter where I am.

What are you most afraid of?

The Corenthio Coven. When they come, they will come and kill us. I fear them.

What do you want more than anything?

A peaceful life, one where I can see my real mum again and work at the witch shop without any trouble.

What is your relationship status?

Complicated.

How would you describe your sense of fashion?

I wear what is comfortable, I’m not wearing one of those robe things that Tabitha wears. They are hideous. I would love to dress like Ember. She has amazing fashion sense and always looks beautiful.

How much of a rebel are you?

Now that I have my power I find the rebellious side of me is more difficult to contain. Occasionally I like to let it out, for a bit of fun.

What do you considered to be your greatest achievement?

Going through the change. If I hadn’t gone through the change then I would be dead, for real. I was strong enough to go through death and come out the other side. I’m proud of that.

What is your idea of happiness?

Family. For me, family is so important. They make me happy. Without them I wouldn’t be.

What is your current state of mind?

Fear...regret...love. Those three feeling push to the front of my mind... I remember seeing Evander’s face before I fainted... Jack’s screaming my name.... I don’t remember much more.

What is your most treasured possession?

My element. It is something passed through my mother’s side of the family. Now that it has returned, I feel a connection to them.

Which living person do you, most despise?

Evander... he has done things I will kill him for...

What is your greatest regret?

That I didn’t save my mum when she was hung during the trials, I should have saved her.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

He has to be caring and protective. I love that a man would stand in front of a witch and stand for me. He will probably have to do it too.

Which living person do you most admire?

Tabitha. She is such a strong, single woman who has lived her life exactly how she wanted to. I admire that she has no regrets about anything.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I wouldn’t change anything about myself. The person I am today got me through some tough times, and that person will probably get me through many more.

Thanks for doing this interview but I think Tabitha may do something with your memory...sorry about that...

Huh? I….  Where the hell am I?

1 comment: