Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Author Interview with Victoria Danann, author of Gathering Storm

Gathering Storm Banner 450 x 169

 

Today on the blog we have author Victoria Danann for an interview. I would like to thank Victoria for joining us today. Sit back and relax and let’s get to know her.

 

Author In

 

How long did it take to get your first book published?

My answer is atypical because I owned a small publishing company that specialized in New Age books, calendars, and sidelines. I took a long around and at the options and decided to use my own house to publish my fiction.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

No.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

Gathering Storm, Black Swan #5. Do you believe in destiny? Do you think any part of it is predetermined by fate?

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

I call myself a Hallelujah Indie and, at this point, I can’t imagine any incentive I could be offered that would make me board the Titanic on which the big publishing companies have passage.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

Usually four months.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

Several more books planned for this serial saga. After that I may dabble in rock romance. I played in a Classic Rock band until recently and have some juicy experience to draw on.

What genre would you place your books into?

Paranormal romance, scifi romance, fantasy romance, urban fantasy or some combination thereof.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

 Kresley Cole and Karen Marie Moning.

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

Sir Rammel Aelshelm Hawking, a.k.a. Ram. He’s gorgeous, hot-blooded, fun loving, sexually tireless, heroic and he’s a one-woman elf.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?

When I was eight I was writing what would be called “fan fiction” today – little Bobbsey Twins novels. I stopped writing at puberty and didn’t write again until last year.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

I do. I can’t help it.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

The title happens around the time the idea for the book gels.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")

My books are laden with social commentary and messages of an esoteric nature. The books are only as deep as the reader.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

I was an early adopter of Kindle. Had the first version way before Oprah discovered it. Now I use the Fire. There was a time when I used to travel with a sturdy backpack of full of heavy books. Now my access is limitless and the device weight one pound.

What is your favorite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?

Memnoch the Devil, Anne Rice, explored some theological questions that are usually considered too deep for fiction. Yes. I’ve read it a couple of times.

Remember to check out today’s spotlight of Gathering Storm to learn more about Victoria and her novel.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the great series and the giveaway. I am looking forward to reading The Gathering Storm. evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete