Thursday, October 24, 2013

Character Interview with Paranormal Detective Cassie Scot by Christine Amsden

CASSIE SCOTT Tour Button LRG

Today on the blog we have paranormal detective Cassie Scot for an interview. Sit back and let’s find out more about Cassie and her world.

 

Character

Character Name: Cassie Scot

Character Bio: Cassie is a private investigator serving the greater Eagle Rock area. She specializes in NORMAL detective work – no curses, hexes, love spells, potions, or exorcisms. Especially no exorcisms. And that includes pet exorcisms.

Describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?

I've always been good at reading people. I think that's what makes me good at what I do, even if I am a bit young in some people's opinions. I'm not sure if that's my best quality or not, but it's a good one.

My worst quality is easy – I have no magic. You might think that's no big deal, but if so I'm guessing you weren't born into a family of powerful sorcerers. I'm the oldest of seven – and the only one without magic or even a gift!

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

I sometimes think people know too much about me. There was a time when I used to pretend I had magic – or just not correct people when they found out what my last name was. It gave me a sort of power.

What is your biggest secret something no one knows about?

I had a huge crush on Evan Blackwood in high school. Please don't tell him. He's full of himself as it is.

What are you most afraid of?

At the moment, vampires.

What do you want more than anything?

Magic.

What is your relationship status?

I have a boyfriend, Braden. Been seeing him for three years, ever since my high school graduation party. I'm not sure about him, though. You'd think after three years I would be. That's probably a sign.

How would you describe your sense of fashion?

Colorful. I don't do black. I often wear current styles, but only if I like them. When they went to drab grays and browns a while back I was just glad I still had a closet full of clothes to tide me over.

How much of a rebel are you?

I wouldn't describe myself as a rebel at all. I'm trying to be independent, but that's not at all the same thing. I love my family more than anything, and my friends almost as much.

What do you considered to be your greatest achievement?

I killed a vampire last night. Not quite single-handedly (I'm not suicidal here), but I did it.

What is your idea of happiness?

I think I'd be insanely happy if I just had some magic.

What is your current state of mind?

Anxious. I've been anxious for a while, and it's not just about the vampires – although apparently there's more than the one I got. I have this bad feeling about the fact that my mom is pregnant again. There are seven of us right now... that's a powerfully magical number. Eight isn't.

What is your most treasured possession?

Honestly, for all the nice clothes I have in my closet, I'm not a material girl. I think I could walk away from all of it if I had to.

What is your most marked characteristic?

I care about people. I interfere a little bit, too, but it usually works out. I'm helping Madison to come out of her shell (she's terribly shy), and I do my best with Kaitlin and her boyfriends. There's only so much I can do there, although when one of them was being abusive, I gave him a nice case of hives. (That potion doesn't take any magic. No, I won't share the recipe.)

What is it that you, most dislike?

Sorcerers who think their power means they get to do whatever they want (even if they're usually right).

Which living person do you, most despise?

David McClellan, dealer in cursed artifacts.

What is your greatest regret?

That in all my years of trying, I never managed to draw forth even an ounce of repressed magical talent. Sometimes I regret the lack of magic, and sometimes I regret the hours I spent trying.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

I'd like to say that I'm most attracted to nice men, and I think I am, but I know there's a secrets part of me that's drawn to power.

Which living person do you most admire?

Sheriff Adams. I really am very tempted to go back to work for him. I probably should. I think I'd learn a lot from him.

 

Remember to check out today’s book blast to find out more about Cassie and her world.

3 comments: