Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Author Interview: Lindy Zart author of Take Care,Sara



Today Author Lindy Zart joins us in an interview. I would like to thank her for her time, now enough blabbering let’s get to know her.


Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
This is a trick question, I know it. Let’s see: news anchorwoman, singer, artist, dancer, medical assistant, legal secretary...I could go on, but I WON’T.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?
As soon as you pick up a pen or pencil or even type a word, you’re a writer. So...a long time ago.

How long did it take to get your first book published?
My very first book was published in 2008 and that was the first book I ever finished, so not that long. Although, I regret it being published as my writing has greatly improved since then.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?
Yes! I work as a dental assistant three days a week.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Take Care, Sara is a story of grief and healing; it’s about finding hope and reasons for second chances.

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?
I am self-published, but hope to get a publishing deal eventually.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
Take Care, Sara has taken the most time to write out of all my other books. I started it three or four years and continued to put it aside because it was such an emotional story to write. That is not the norm for me--it usually takes about five or six months per book to write.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I have a multiple-genre disorder. I can’t decide on just one genre to write. I have YA/NA books in science-fiction, fantasy/paranormal, and romance. I also have a romantic comedy book, and Take Care, Sara is women’s fiction/romance. My WIP is a NA romance.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
My mind is all over the place and it shows in what I write. I also like to read all kinds of different genres as well.

Do you have a favourite character from your books?And why are they your
favorite?
All-time favorite is Bianca from Dating Husbands. She is bitter, sarcastic, and hilarious. She is ME.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I’ve been writing since I was twelve; mostly because I wanted to create a world I could escape to when I couldn’t deal with my reality.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain
chair?
Music is a must, and so is coffee!

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
Yeah. *sigh* For better or worse, I do this.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
I usually have a title in mind, but it can change as I go--story is first.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
I write about areas I’m familiar with so I know what I’m talking about and don’t look stupid and I pick names I like, but don’t necessarily hear all the time (well, ‘Sara’ is pretty common, but it fit the character).

Are character names and place names decided after their creation? Or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?
Names happen before the rest, otherwise I would lost. You have to name things!

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along? Mostly before, but they kind of develop as I go. Sometimes how I THINK a character is going to be is completely different from how they turn out.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")
Oh yeah, there is always something to take from my books. They’re not just mindless entertainment--I like to get the readers to feel and connect with the books and take something from reading them.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?
Paperback.

What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
I do not have ONE favorite book--my NEWEST favorite book I recently read is Slammed by Colleen Hoover.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is your favourite/worst book to movie
transfer?
 A lot of the time, NO, I don’t think movies do books justice. Worst transfer: Twilight. Best transfer: The Hunger Games (actually, probably the Harry Potter movies, but I REALLY loved THG, so I’m picking that).

Your favorite food is?
PIZZA!

Your favorite singer/group is?
Florence and the Machine and I’ve also been loving The Avett Brothers lately too.

Your favorite color is?
Red

Your favorite Author is?

Susan Elizabeth Phillips

More About Lindy Zart

Lindy Zart has been writing since she was a child. Luckily for readers, her writing has improved since then. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband, two sons, and one cat. Lindy loves hearing from people who enjoy her work.

Links-


No comments:

Post a Comment