Friday, July 12, 2013

Author Interview: Louise D Gornall author of In Stone

clip_image002

 

Author pic 020

 

Today we have the stunning author Louise D Gornall for an author interview. I just had to find out more about this author, reading such an awesome book who can blame me. So let’s find out more about this amazing author!

interview

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I didn’t. When I was growing up I wanted to be a fighter pilot, but as soon as I realized I’d have to conquer my fear of heights to do that, I dreamt of becoming an actress.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

From the second I decided to write a novel. One of the first pieces of advice I read about this business was that if you’re writing you’re a writer, published or not. It made me feel validated.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

I work as an intern over at Swoon Romance. I’m a submissions coordinator which is just fancy talk for ‘organizes stuff’. It’s pretty cool to work on both sides of the industry. I wouldn’t hate being an editor one day.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

My latest book is called In Stone. It’s about a girl and a gargoyle who head to Europe in the hopes of saving the world from demons.

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

I’m published by small press, Entranced Publishing, and I love them to bits.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I’m writing the sequel to In Stone now and I’m also working on a YA horror. Always YA, but I’m not opposed to jumping genres.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

I like weird and wonderful. Urban fantasy and paranormal is pretty limitless. Plus, I do rather like writing about hot creature guys that are hell bent on saving the world!

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

My favorite character changes daily. Today it’s Jack…mostly because he’s a gargoyle, with a tail, but also because he just said something pretty funny in the draft I’m working on and I fell in love with him all over again.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?

I’ve only been writing a few years. It was actually my twin sister who convinced me writing stories would be a great idea. I dabbled in screenwriting for a short time, but that really wasn’t working for me and then one day my twin says “You should turn some of your ideas into a book…”

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

I wrote this book first then chose the title. I use the phrase ‘in stone’ a couple of times in the text, and when I was drafting it just sort of jumped out at me.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

I am the worst at choosing character names! Every name that crops up in In Stone is borrowed off various family members and friends. Bit of useless trivia for you: Beau was actually the name of my first horse!

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

As I go along. I’m not much of a plotter so when something nuts happened in the story my characters just went with it. Beau used to be very lyrical and poetic, but that just didn’t suit her at all.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

I like eBooks and Paperbacks. I don’t mind hardbacks either I guess, but I seem to have a really hard time making them cooperate with my shelving system.

Your favorite food is?

There’s not a lot of food I wouldn’t eat if it were covered in chocolate, so I’m gonna say chocolate.

Your favorite Author is?

My favorite author is Courtney Summers. I love the grit and the punch-you-in-the-guts emotion in her stories. And I love how fearlessly she approaches taboo topics.
Thanks so much for having me on your blog today, Janine. And I was so happy to read that you loved In Stone.

 

 

Author

 

Louise is a graduate of Garstang Community Academy. She is currently studying for a BA (Hons) in English language and literature with special emphasis on creative writing. YA aficionado. Brit bird. Film nerd. Identical twin. Junk food enthusiast. Rumored pink Power Ranger. Zombie apocalypse 2012 survivor. She is also an avid collector of book boyfriends.

Author Social Media Links:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Louise-D-Gornall/111420465709804?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rock_andor_roll

Website: http://bookishblurb.com/

 

More about her stunning novel …

 

In Stone200X300

 

 

Title: In Stone

Author: Louise D. Gornall

Publisher and Imprint: Entranced Publishing, Blush

Genre: YA paranormal romance

Release Date: July 1

Length: 120 pages

Blurb:

Beau Bailey is suffering from a post-break-up meltdown when she happens across a knife in her local park and takes it home. Less than a week later, the new boy in school has her trapped in an alley; he’s sprouted horns and is going to kill Beau unless she hands over the knife.


Until Eighteenth-century gargoyle, Jack, shows up to save her.
Jack has woken from a century-long slumber to tell Beau that she’s unwittingly been drafted into a power struggle between two immortal races: Demons and Gargoyles. The knife is the only one in existence capable of killing immortals and they’ll tear the world apart to get it back. To draw the warring immortals away from her home, Beau goes with Jack in search of the mind-bending realm known as the Underworld, a place where they’ll hopefully be able to destroy the knife and prevent all hell from breaking loose. That is, provided they can outrun the demons chasing them

Buy Links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/In-Stone-ebook/dp/B00DPWS2ZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372619224&sr=8-1&keywords=in+stone+louise+d+gornall

Barnes&Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/in-stone-louise-d-gornall/1115883166?ean=2940016657608

Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/In-Stone/book-x70XQPDrdUmZlb-0thEl_g/page1.html?s=K7ERgO9lIU6XGznC2_hQOA&r=1

Add to Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17663217-in-stone

Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-1_shhtTZI

No comments:

Post a Comment