Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Character Interview: Eric de la Rose from Dark Secrets by AM Hudson

Dark Secrets Banner 450 x 169

 

Today we have a real bad boy for an interview. And you guys know how I love the bad boys! Eric sounds like my kind of addiction. And get this, Dark Secrets is currently free on Amazon. So find out why I’m drooling at the moment!

 

clip_image002

The Dark Secrets fantasycast guy for Eric is Vas from the band Hailmary. When we go to filming, Vas has happily agreed to accept the role. His father was an actor, so it’s already in the blood. And if you want a better idea of what our character Eric’s band is like, check out Hailmary. They are the true definition of rock that never dies.

 

Character Name: Eric de la Rose

Character Bio: I was born Éric Mason de la Rose, in Paris, 1938. I became a vampire at the age of twenty-five when I saw fit to start a fight with an old man in the street after getting drunk at the local tavern. I woke up the next morning with a headache and a hankering for blood. I moved to New England for the love a girl (another vamp), and later found that she was already married.

I work by day in a motorbike repair shop, and play in my band by night—which acts as the perfect ruse to hunt hot girls in very tight leather, then take them home, have my naughty way with them, then drink their blood until they’re dead.

I’m about 6” tall, blonde, shaggy hair, and light brown eyes. I have no family. Don’t want one. And enjoy the life of a vampire more than I did the living.

 

interview

Describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?

Worst quality? I don’t have any. Best? I don’t care if I have a best quality.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

I’m not as ‘rock and roll’ as my outer shell perceives me. I’ve lived a long life, even done things in the past that helped a human or two out. I’m not completely cold and heartless.

What is your biggest secret something no one knows about?

I like to read when I’m not chasing girls, eating people or playing in my band.

What are you most afraid of?

Live burial

What do you want more than anything?

I used to want world wide fame and fortune, but with the new laws of my Set allowing me the music career I wanted, now...I think I want what my friends have—that ‘I’ll die for you’ pathetic kind of love. I don’t believe it really exists, but I’d like to experience it once before the end of the world.

What is your relationship status?

Single by day. At night, well...then the fun starts. But I usually kill the humans shortly after they’ve given me what I want.

How would you describe your sense of fashion?

If it’s black, I’ll wear it. Unless it’s a dress. Ha ha ha. If it’s guys’ clothes and black, I’ll wear it. I usually always wear my leather bike jacket too.

How much of a rebel are you?

I think ‘rebels’ are guys just trying to be cool. If I do anything in my daily activities that counts as rebelling, I wouldn’t even notice. Put it this way, sweet lady, I play in a band, ride a motorcycle that’s not registered. I don’t do speed limits. I don’t do lines outside nightclubs. I don’t do second dates. And I don’t do human conventions. If that makes me a rebel, I guess I am one.

What do you considered to be your greatest achievement?

With the restrictions on vampires based on the old Set laws, I’ve achieved nothing in my century of existence. But, with the new queen and the new laws, my band and I have been in the top one hundred music charts for over six weeks straight now, and we’re set to start our world tour next week. I’d say that’s my greatest achievement.

What is your idea of happiness?

Millions of screaming fans beneath my feet. Guitar in one hand. Naked chick in the other, and a belly full hot, rich blood.

What is your current state of mind?

You tell me. Based on human opinions, I’d say I’m a psychopathic serial killer. But, if you ask a vampire, they’d say I was just a regular guy with a regular outlook on life.

What is your most treasured possession?

My bike. It’s black and silver Ducati—my little baby. The only thing in this world I love more than myself.

What is your most marked characteristic?

My wit.

What is it that you, most dislike?

Humans that do drugs. Takes weeks to get that sh*t out of my system.

Which living person do you, most despise?

Living? Ha! I rarely give humans a second thought. But if you class the old vampire king as living, I’d say Drake. I hate him and I’d give anything to see him die a slow, painful death.

What is your greatest regret?

Choosing to live in the New England set for sake of a girl. Once a vampire joins a Set, we’re bound for eternity. I wish I’d stayed in Paris.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

The ability to rock.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Wit.

Who is your favorite hero in fiction?

I mostly read autobiographies on musicians, so I don’t really do fiction. Nor do I admire any character a human could come up with. There are a few vampire legends and stories I liked, but you humans wouldn’t know any of those heroes.

Which living person do you most admire?

Living? Again with the living. This is a little biased, isn’t it? Ha ha ha. Uh, well...living...living...um. My friend Ara’s dad, I guess. He’s put up with a lotta crap from that girl, and he’s still stuck by her—even accepted the hundred different guys she wanted marry within that tragic year she lost her mom. I think that man must have nerves of steel. I’d have locked that pretty little girl up the day she was born.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I’d have gotten more tattoos while I was living. They don’t tend to stick to the undead.

What is your motto?

Rock never dies!

More about Dark Secrets…

 

clip_image002[4]

 

Dark Secrets

AM Hudson

Genre: paranormal romance

Since their release in 2011, Books 1 & 2 from the Dark Secrets series have come together, presented as one great book for one low price.


How can you be attracted to a guy who just said he wants to kill you?
Ara-Rose asks herself the same question. She’s been torn away from her old life, thrown into a new one in a new country, and in the midst of death, heartache and depression, she finds herself in love with a vampire—one who kills people with his teeth!


But the vampire is forbidden to fall for this human, and at the point Ara-Rose decides she can’t live without him, he pulls away and leaves her falling back to the darkness he woke her from. She will be caught up in a century-old feud among brothers, and the fight for love becomes a fight for her life.


The only question now is whether her beloved vampire will find her in time, or leave her to face a destiny he triggered with their first kiss.

Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/ui93CWpGHDM

Get it free at Amazon and Smashwords

 

Author

 

clip_image004

A.M. Hudson loves her life in Australia and, despite wishing it would snow at Christmas, couldn't imagine living anywhere else in the world.

She fell in love with her husband at just sixteen, and since then, has added three boys to the mix.

A. M. prides herself on writing the shocking, the depthy and the highly-emotional subjects other writers steer away from. She addresses the uncomfortable with conviction and enjoys taking stories down dark paths.

Some of her heroes are Stephen King, Walt Disney, Hamish and Andy, Muse and 30 Seconds to Mars, and with influences like these, one can only imagine what stories will unfold.

When she's not writing, A. M. reads books, watches movies and chats with fans on facebook.

http://www.darksecretsseries.com/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dark-Secrets-Series/182780011734465

No comments:

Post a Comment