Saturday, July 6, 2013

Interview: With Jacqueline Paige author of The Magic Seasons Series

MSS5

Morning Guys,

Today we have author Jacqueline Paige for an interview. I would Like to thank Jacqueline for her time and doing the interview. Now enough blabbering lets get to know this author.

interview

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I always wrote when I was younger but the dream was lost when I had five children. For years I focused on being a mother.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

That probably sunk in when my third book was on it’s way to being published.

How long did it take to get your first book published?

I actually held onto it for a few years and kept writing before I submitted anything. I’m still shocked my books were accepted the first time I sent them to a publisher.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

In addition to writing and motherhood, I’m a full-time manager of a busy cafĂ© / eatery franchise…which basically means six days a week I’m surrounded by coffee, lattes, cake and tasty food!

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

My latest in the Magic Seasons is Winter Mist.

Winter Mist is about romance, magic and surprises that show you why messing with witches is a bad idea.

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

Class Act Books

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

If I’m not working on something else at the same time I can actually write a full length book in less than two months. Of course the proofing and editing are another story.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

My next books are the third book in the Hidden Senses Trilogy, my physic paranormal stories. The second book in the Animal Trilogy, a shifter tale. And I’m also working on a new witch trilogy, The Ancestors Enchantment trilogy.

What genre would you place your books into?

I’d say mine are a mix of paranormal romance and paranormal romantic suspense.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

I like that with paranormal there are no definite rules to follow. As long as you can connect all the dots at the end of the story, it’s pretty much anything goes.

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

I fell in love with all of the characters from the Magic Seasons.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?

I’ve been seriously writing for almost seven years now. Honestly, the first book in the Magic Seasons was the first full length book I wrote and it started as a joke to have the last word with a friend of mine. By the time I was finished it I was hooked and just kept going.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?

I am completely without any set pattern or routine. I suppose that comes from having five children, you just learn to adapt and continue.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Yes I do. The reviewer took the time to read it, it’s the least I can do to read their opinion.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

I usually have a general idea for the story first and then give it a title. A few times I’ve adjusted the title here and there as the story progresses though and unexpected things appear in the plot.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

I can picture the characters as the story forms and then spend a lot of time finding the name that fits them. Place names are similar. I’ll see it and then find a name that suits the location.

Are character names and place names decided after their creation? Or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?

Both. Sometimes it all comes to me when I think of the general idea, other times I have to ponder and dig deep to find them.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

I have a good idea of what each character is like before I start, but more often than not the characters toss a little something extra at me as we go.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")

I don’t think I’m that ‘deep’ to weave a moral into what I write, except with Magic Seasons, I really wanted people to think of acceptance of others that are different as they went with this series.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

I will read any format, any place, any time I possibly can but I do have a soft spot for paperback. There’s nothing cozier than curling up with a good book.

What is your favorite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?

I have a very large shelf of faves and read them more than once.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favorite/worst book to movie transfer?

Occasionally the movie turns out better than the book, but my own personal preference to read the story and let it play out from words makes me find the flaws and missing pieces in movies.

Your favorite food is?

Cheesecake … isn’t it everyones?

Your favorite singer/group is?

I don’t have a favorite singer or group, I love all music.

Your favorite color is?

Deep purple

Your favorite Author is?

Ah, that’s hard. I appreciate every author because I know what it takes to bleed a part of yourself onto the page but for simplicities sake I’ll say Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feehan.

1 comment: