Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Author Interview with @Christysloat, author of The White Door

tourbanner

 

Today on the blog we have Christy Sloat, author of The White Door stopping by to answer a few questions. We would like to thank Christy for taking off a few minutes in her hectic day to join us. Well then let’s get to it.

 

 

authorinterview

 

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I did always want to be a writer. But I didn’t think I could be one so I went to dental assisting school. When I had my second daughter I told myself that I was going to fulfill my dream.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I think when I wrote my sixth book. I knew I wasn’t just playing around it was real.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

I write pretty fast, or so I’m told. It usually takes me about three or four months to write it. That doesn’t include pre-edits and final edits.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I have big plans for the future. I can’t really say much but I will tell you that the books I have planned are unlike my current genre.

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

I love writing both Brylee and Kayla. For different reasons of course. Brylee is so strong and her talent is amazing. Kayla is sassy and tells it like it is.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?

I have always written short stories but I wrote my first book in 2010.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?

I always have Pandora Radio on. The type of music changes with my mood.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Of course! Reviews are so helpful even the bad ones. They help me gain a perspective on what readers are thinking when they read my books.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

Title always comes first. Sometimes I obsess over the title.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

Sometimes both. With my Past Lives Series, it all came out first on paper. Then I wrote the book. Then with The Visitors Series, it came while I wrote. I would see them differently as I wrote them.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

I love paperbacks. I do enjoy my Nook as well but I adore paperbacks in my hand while I read. Sadly they take up too much room and I have to use my Nook to store my books.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favorite/worst book to movie transfer?

Sometimes I think they do an excellent job. Beautiful Creatures was one of my favorite books. I’m not at all happy with the movie adaptation. With Mortal Instruments, I was extremely pleased. So it can go both ways.

Your favorite singer/group is?

This answer changes frequently because I love all music. Right now I love Mumford and Sons.

Your favorite color is?

Purple

Your favorite Author is?

Maragaret Stohl will always have that spot. I’ve met her a few times and she is always pleasant and nice to me. I aspire to be like her someday.

If you would like to find out more about Christy and her novels, check out the book blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment