Monday, March 24, 2014

Character Interview with Ealasaid from By The Fates, Fought by Patricia D Eddy

Tour Banner

 

Today on the blog we have Ealasaid from By The Fates, Fought by Patricia D Eddy. We would like to thank Ealasaid for stopping by today and sharing with us a little about her world.

 

 

character

 

Character Name: Ealasaid Guinne Brùn

Character Bio: Ealasaid is twenty-seven year old witch mated to Raven Brùn. She has an unusual emerald aura and is believed to be the witch prophesized to either save the world from war or return it to that state. She was imprisoned for ten years by a band of devils known as the clan of Kendrick. Raven, her mate, freed her and helped her heal from their torture and now they are fighting against the clan who still hunts her.

 

Describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?

I am learning about myself every day. After the ten years I spent with no name, no voice, and no thoughts of my own, I lost who I was. The woman I was to become died in that prison. I believe that my best quality is my courage. I have had to relearn how to live and Raven tells me all the time that he never expected me to be able to love, to laugh. But this is also my worst quality. I still fear almost everything. I just do not let that stop me.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

That I was loved for sixteen years. Most see me with pity. I bear scars. I always will. But even though my mother was beaten and forced to cook and clean for the devil who held us, he could not touch me. My mother gave me more love than I could have asked for.

What is your biggest secret something no one knows about?

I have few secrets. When one has only been free and truly alive for six months, one has few secrets to keep.

What are you most afraid of?

Losing my mate to the devils. I am afraid of so much. But this most of all. He is my protector, but he is also the man who gave me the strength to remember who I am. I had no name when he freed me. It had been spelled from my head. It was only through his care and guarantee of safety, that I healed enough to remember it-and recover my magic.

What do you want more than anything?

To be simply Ealasaid Brùn. Not the Jewel in the prophecy. Not hunted. I wish to live my life free with my mate and our family.

What is your relationship status?

I am mated. It is akin to a handfasting, but more powerful. The Fates bless each of us with one true mate. When we find this person and say the sacred words of binding, we are joined in this world and the next. Even death cannot part us.

How would you describe your sense of fashion?

I wear long dresses. My body is heavily scarred from what I went through as a young woman, so I prefer long sleeves and scarves.

How much of a rebel are you?

I would say none at all. Others would say I am one completely. I should have died many times, but something kept me fighting. I believe now that the Fates tried to tell me they had a plan for me. I also hate being told what to do. Now that I am free, I want to be truly free-always. Raven sometimes is frustrated with me for not keeping myself as safe as he would like.

What do you considered to be your greatest achievement?

Love. Healing enough to love and be loved.

What is your idea of happiness?

Raven. Sunlight. Warmth.

What is your current state of mind?

I have bad days, but I am hopeful. I am free, safe, and loved-three things I never though possible.

What is your most treasured possession?

My magic.

What is your most marked characteristic?

Physical? The ring of scar tissue around my neck from the shackle used to control me. Though Raven would tell you it is the blue of my eyes.

What is it that you, most dislike?

Being cold. I was cold for ten years. Now that I am free, I try to avoid it whenever possible.

Which living person do you, most despise?

Lobhdain, the leader of the clan of Kendrick who ordered my imprisonment and kidnapped Raven’s human sister, Ami.

What is your greatest regret?

Not protecting Ami better.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

Patience.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Confidence.

Who is your favorite hero in fiction?

You would not know them, for the books I read are not of your world, but I respect the huntress Ainsley. She was on her own from a young age and survived for twenty years in the wilderness of the north before choosing to give up that solitary life.

Which living person do you most admire?

Ami. She is such a strong woman and though her kidnapping was traumatic, she overcame her ordeal and is now happily mated.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

My birthright. The Fates have a plan for me and I will not fail them, but I wish I could be just Ealasaid Brùn and live my life away from the devil threat that hunts us.

What is your motto?

I never thought of such a question. But if I had to choose one, it would be “I am loved and I love.”

Once again thank you for the interview.

Thank you, Jeanine. I have but one request. If you are questioned by any of the devil clan, kindly do not reveal my location. My thanks.

Be sure to check out the book blast below to find out more about By The Fates, Fought.

No comments:

Post a Comment