Friday, March 7, 2014

Character Interview with Evan Blackwood of Secrets and Lies.

Secrets and Lies Banner 450 x 169

 

Today on the blog we have Evan Blackwood, one of the character of today’s book blast Secrets and Lies. We would like to thank Evan for stopping by and chatting with us. So enough talk let’s get to it.

 

character

 

Character Name: Evan Blackwood

Character Bio: Evan is a powerful sorcerer from the Eagle Rock area with the gift of telekinesis. At 21, he has recently finished a magical apprenticeship. His future plans involve getting active in a magical unification movement and courting Cassie, his long-time love.

 

Describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?

The first thing I would say about myself is that I protect the people I love. I'm powerful enough to do it, which means I also tend to get what I want. I've been told I'm arrogant, but it's just the truth.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

I don't like other people to know too much about me. There are a small circle of people I trust, and they know what they need to know.

What is your biggest secret something no one knows about?

Didn't I just say I don't like people to know too much about me? I'm hardly going to share my biggest secret. But I will tell you one thing that shouldn't be a secret for much longer – I've been in love with Cassie since the first grade. I just have to figure out how to tell her, especially now that I've saved her life and she owes me a debt. I don't want to coerce her, but I don't want to let her go either.

What are you most afraid of?

I'm not afraid of anything. Other people are afraid of me.

What do you want more than anything?

Cassie.

What is your relationship status?

Pending.

How would you describe your sense of fashion?

I like comfortable clothes that fit well. You're most likely to see me in quality jeans and a t-shirt.

How much of a rebel are you?

As much as I have to be. Not as much as some think I am. Most people are afraid of me and it's safer that way.

What do you considered to be your greatest achievement?

Graduating from my magical apprenticeship. I can't tell you what I learned, but I worked hard for it.

What is your idea of happiness?

There's a certain thrill in taking down a bad guy, a high that's one kind of happiness. But family is another kind. I want lots of children.

What is your current state of mind?

Hopeful. Anticipatory. I've just finished one stage of my life and I'm eager to move on to the next.

What is your most treasured possession?

My Star Wars DVD collection. I have director's cuts of all the movies.

What is it that you, most dislike?

Bullies.

Which living person do you, most despise?

David McClellan, dealer in dark and cursed objects. I'm beginning to suspect that he also traps souls in some of the amulets he sells.

What is your greatest regret?

That I let people push me around for so long. When I was a kid, my parents told me not to use magic at school and I took it too much to heart. I had some other issues too, but the bottom line is I let people push me around until the day it got to be too much and I snapped. I never should have let that happen.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Compassion.

Who is your favorite hero in fiction?

Han Solo

Which living person do you most admire?

Henry Wolf, my mentor. He's at least 100 years old but he's still brilliant, even if he has this strange idea that electricity interferes with magic. (I had to go without the Internet or running water for three years while I was his apprentice, but it was worth it. Even if I am going through Star Wars withdrawal.)

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I want a brother or sister.

What is your motto?

Don't mess with the people I love.

 

If you would like to find out more about Evan and his world check out today’s book blast.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me here today! Evan will be around if you have any other questions. :)

    ReplyDelete