Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Character Interview with Pandora from Sinister Stitches by Sophie Avett

'Twas The Darkest Night Banner 450 x 169

Today on the blog we have a very interesting interview with the witch Pandora from Sinister Stitches. We would like to thank her for stopping by and sharing with us.

character

My characters are either naked or dressed to kill. Given they’re all monsters stalking the city of New Gotham’s twisted, cracked, and cobbled streets, the criminal wardrobe is part of the job description. Rockabilly princesses, corpse brides, leather queens…my city is full of them. Where do they get their menacing threads?

There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining the foggy docks. The shingles are ribbed and black. Washed, peeling paint and displays offering views into wicked leather and lace studded glam. The mannequins are ghoulish beauties stitched together from whatever was left from the last fool to cross one of the sinister witches.

Push open its shabby, frosted front door. Tiny white flakes of paint will pepper the wind like spectral dust. The minute you set heel onto waxy polished oak floors and step into the candelabra fire-light you know…
This is where the magic happens.

Welcome to Sinister Stitches
“…apparel for a wicked fairy tale.”
A spicy trinity of black magic sisters breathe star-dusted dreams to life with their gothic apparel boutique. They are schooled in the old ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old. With this knowledge, they’ve created an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. There may might be some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment.
Care to take a peek at what the Sinister Stitches has to offer?

Check out some of the questionnaire Marie Hall’s Pandora from the Night Series was asked to fill out after she wandered into Sinister Stitches.

THE WITCHES WHO STITCH QUESTIONNARE

Please provide the witches with your name: Pandora
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Black with Purple Streaks
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Glowing Lavender
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [X] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate,
[ ] Other:__________

Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: I am a shape shifter, I can shift into whatever height I want. But I usually prefer 5’9’’
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender, [X] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible

Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )

How many heads do you have?
Mostly just the one, though if my partner wants more, I can certainly do more. ;)

Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
Well, I have two arms and two legs, but one time a sex partner asked me to get rid of one of my legs, I did, but I didn’t really like it.

How dead are you? [x] Living, [ ] Undead*, [ ] Astral Form *by marriage/bonding

What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
Well, I plan to seduce my Priest. He’s a bit caged in you see, and I’m the demon of Lust, so things might get a little tricky. He tends to prefer my Victorian Goth clothes best. The Lolita top hat with fish netting in front, steampunk Victorian dress with fishnet stockings and garters beneath and in dark rich shades to contrast against my lily white skin.

What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
My harem, I’ve got a Moroccan theme going, but my Priest hates sharing, so I suppose it’ll be just he and I from now on.

Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
Honey, I can run in anything.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
Hello, Demon. What do you think?

Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
Well, I have done it on occasion, though I do not like to disturb the dead.

Is your neck a dinner plate?
It can be, but only if you’re really, really good.

Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
I’d much rather be naked, but like I said, my Priest is rather archaic when it comes to matters of dress.

Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
A zombie Queen. Deep, underground in a lair full of weaponized anti-matter.

Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
I keep a knife fan tucked into my bodice, an ice pick in my hair, and a pocket knife shoved down my boot. At. All. Times.

What are your three favorite colors?
Crimson. Black. Nude.

What two colors rattle your kettle?
Silver. Don’t ask. It’s the only color that affects me.

Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money and wear tight jeans just watch the little vampires come undone. Hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who know better because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—they might be shy, or they might not be. More importantly, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[X] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. The ones no one can quite make heads or tails out off. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________

Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
The monster under the bed

If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
I don’t follow ladies, I lead.

Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
The Order. Especially Grace. She will burn and I will be the one to light the wick on fire.

Anything else you’d like to add…
You’d better not get it wrong, I’m very particular about my clothing. And I know where you live.


After many barrels of chocolate, a dash of magic and furious sewing…
Sinister Stitches’ Gothic Dame,
Madame Mari presents Pandora’s Completed Dress
“Scarlet Prayer”


MARIE HALL'S PANDORA 1

Spanish Jasmine, spectral dust and Bayou willow leaves circle the slender figure shrouded in the midst. Twin viceroy swallowtail wings stretch high over her back and the sweeping evergreen evening frock spun from clover and cannabis pales in comparison to the sheer utter majesty of true court. She offers Pandora a clandestine smile: Well, well...what kind of mischief do we have here? A demon? Like to do it naked and loud, eh? Good—me too. What? What is it?
Why are you looking at me like that? I’ll have you know, I used to be hot (and dangerous) back in my day, so I suggest you watch that gorgeous crimson mouth of yours—or I’ll be taken my switch to that lily white ass. Now then *reaches into sewing apron* have yourself a cookie and simmer down—we’ve got stichin’ to do.

We’ll start with the design. Colors were very important this time. Very. My girls took special care with crafting you something suitable for a Moroccan harem. Damask flowers in shades of antique ruby, beast rose, and Persian plum were collected from all four corners of the Otherworld and blended into an elegant textile that is quite similar to brocade, but much lighter. It allows for easy...well, you know...nakedness.
Yes, shugah, the fan is free. Do keep in mind, that it’s bladed with troll silver. Anything that is cut with the blade with never stop bleeding.

MARIE HALL'S PANDORA 2

A sandstorm gold and sage hamadryad was caught and whittled to pieces, branch by branch, and its glittering tears were harvested for the tiny crystal leaves embroidered on the fabric. Each sweeping, elegant arc of arboreal design is what’s left that hamadryad petrified and ironed with pixie dust. The dress is practically indestructible—but probably, won’t survive the first trip to your nearest drycleaners, but what does?
The dress has a fitted bodice ends just below the bust and is accented by a Helsing leather belt and a Bits and Pieces brooch, giving the piece a high-waist and gathered skirt which is long, loose, and skims the body rather than needing to be supported by a dozen petticoats. This will allow use of the numerous concealment options—actually, there won’t be much you can’t do in this dress. But if you’re anything like my Astrid, I know you like to be prepared...

A Gift Box from Gillian the Candy Witch
MARIE HALL'S PANDORA 3

That’s right, baby cakes. The naughty bits are on the house. We’ve fashioned these threads for you to wear under the dress until it’s time to make magic.
The three piece outfit includes a stardusted corset, diamond-patterned stockings with matching garters, and a top hat fit for tea in Wonderland. Tall, velvet and adorned with a neverwinter blue nightingale flowers, hand-picked by my daughter Gillian during her last visit to Neverland—once worn, it will stay put until physically taken off, so don’t worry...have yourself a merry Moroccan time.
Here--don’t forget your gift box, shugah. It has everything you’ll need to turn a saint into a sinner. (Well, at least for a night...)

IMPORTANT BULLETINS from THE PIXES:
Fancy a tour of New Gotham? Check out New Gotham’s Survival Guide! It might save your life! (Link: http://sophieavett.weebly.com/new-gotham-bonus-content.html)

For more information about Sophie Avett’s New Gotham novels and Sinister Stitches series and recent release, ‘Twas the Darkest Night, please check out her website: http://www.sophieavett.weebly.com.

For more information about Marie Hall and Pandora’s adventure in the Night series, please check out her website: http://cynthiarayne1.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Total Eclipse! I'm Sophie! I'm responsible for the madness. Thank you so much taking the time to edit your post. (Here, have a piece of cake for all your splendid efforts!) And thank you so much for hosting me! :)

    ReplyDelete