Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Character Interview with Julie Hasting from Touching The Moon

Touching the Moon Banner 450 x 169

Today on the blog we have Julie Hastings, one of the characters is Touching The Moon by Lisa M Airey. Let’s find out more about her and her world.

 

 

character

 

Character Name: Julie Hastings

Character Bio: I’m 26 years old and a newly graduated doctor in veterinary medicine. I was born and raised in Virginia but moved out west to the Black Hills of South Dakota when I accepted my first veterinary position. I drove across most of the USA to get there. Me and my old Toyota. I love my job, love my new town, love my new life.

LMA Eclipse Reviews Dreamcast Foto March 12

What is your biggest secret… something no one knows about?

I have connection with animals, wolves in particular. While working an internship at the local zoo, someone released a pack of timber wolves back into their compound without doing a safety check. I was still in there. I thought the animals would rip me to shreds, but all they did was form a circle around me and howl. And then there is Big Boy! My pet wolf. I nursed him back to health shortly after I arrived in South Dakota and we are fast friends.

What are you most afraid of?

Big men. Big men like my stepfather. He beat me up on a regular basis when I was little. It was a sad part of my life and I powered through, but every now and again I run into someone as massive as he was and I have to talk myself through the panic.

Why did you become a veterinarian?

I associated myself with animals from an early age. We were both mute. They couldn’t speak and I couldn’t tell.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

I’m not shy. I’m just quiet. And I can be very outgoing if I am in a comfortable setting with friends.

How much of a rebel are you?

If I hadn’t been a fighter, I don’t think I’d have survived childhood. I didn’t instigate the punishments I received. I tried to be “perfect”, but perfect wasn’t good enough. It was then that I realized that by getting away I would save both myself and my sanity. And in getting away, I found my inner strength.

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?

I put myself through college. I racked up a lot of debt, but moonlighting as lead-singer for the all-police band in my new hometown has enabled me to pay back most of that.

What do you want more than anything?

 I want a fresh start. I left my past back on the East Coast. And I mean that. The past is behind me. I want to be a part of a community, have friends--share in something wholesome and good.

What is your relationship status?

Single. Perpetually single. I’m not looking for love.

What is your idea of happiness?

Oh! I’m a simple girl! Give me my pet wolf, a bowl of popcorn, a good movie and a fire in the fireplace.

What is your current state of mind?

Conflicted! I am being courted by two very strong-willed men. Dan Keating , the Chief of Police, and Gray Walker, Youth Guidance Counselor for the Sioux Indian Nation. I like them both. They’re great guys, but they won’t go away.

What are you going to do?

Block and tackle as best I can. Focus on work.

Is that realistic?

No.

Tell me about Dan.

He’s warm, caring, protective, handsome, wholesome, intelligent, funny…he’s absolutely perfect. I feel nicked and chipped around him.

Tell me about Gray.

He’s scary big. And that’s a problem. But he has a very tender way about him. He doesn’t talk much but when he speaks he has something to say. He’s well-respected among the community and he does good by everyone, me included. But, he’s scary big.

Where does this leave you, Julie?

Alone in a lifeboat with a tiger or two!

Care to explain?

I can’t escape them and they are ferocious in their pursuit of me.

What are you going to do?

I’m going to have to choose.

If you would like to find out more about Julie, check out the book blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment