Sunday, August 4, 2013

Today’s Book Spotlight! The Runaway’s Secret by Leah D.W

Book Spotlight

 

clip_image002Book Info-

Title: The Runaway’s Secret by Leah D.W

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Audience: Young Adult

Formats: Paperback and Ebook

Publisher: Bayou Brew Publishing

Cover By: Kelsey Jackson

Editor: Monique O'Connor James

Pages: 496 pages

ISBN-10: 1484801466

ISBN-13: 978-1484801468

ASIN: B00CXFSQX8

Date Published: 31 March 2013

 

 

Blurb-

Running from the past…

Running from myself….

To protect those you love, some secrets should never come to light.

My life changed the night I became the same monster I had been forced to serve all my human years. As a fanged freak, I took to running away from my troubles rather than facing them head-on.

I should have kept running...

My world turned upside down once more when I met Solomon. He promised that I would be safe locked up in a fancy academy filled with supernatural creatures just like me. He promised that I had nothing to fear.

If only that had been true.

How long before the nightmares catch up to me? I’d hated myself for the monster that I’d become and the life I had been forced to leave behind. Sometimes I wished that she would find and kill me, ending this nightmarish existence, but that would mean leaving everyone I had come to know and love as well. Could I possibly do that?

...time is running out, I must make a choice.

...until then, I must keep running.

...must become the monster even I have come to fear.

 

Book Links-

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes and Noble / Smashwords / Amazon UK

 

Full Cover:

 

clip_image004

Excerpt-

The blade bit deep into the soft pale flesh of my wrist and cold pain ran up my arm, creating the feeling of tiny fingertips caressing my skin. Dark blood seeped from the open cut, black drops falling down my wrist and dripping into the white bowl I was leaning over in the girl’s bathroom. It stained the polished porcelain with red streaks that slid down to pool at the bottom around the metallic drain.

I knew it was a big risk to use it while some of the girls were still awake to quench the Thirst, but I couldn’t ignore it anymore. I hoped no one would venture to the bathroom at that moment.

I gulped down the lump in my throat and tried not to cut my lip with my fangs as they extended out, two sharp canines stinging sensitively as the Thirst rolled over me in thick choking waves of acid and frost.

I couldn’t hear anyone approaching from outside, so I took my time. It was midnight; most of the others would either be asleep or trying to steal ice cream from the kitchen.

The smell of my own blood made my fangs hum and the Thirst burst with need. I lifted my wrist to my trembling lips...

**

“What the hell?” I raised my hand to bang on the door, but a chuckle made me stop and spin around.

“The new girl and already in the principal’s office,” the girl smiled mischievously. “We could be great friends.”

Her eyes shone silver and a chilling howl rang in my mind from far off. Her smile widened and small sharp canines peeked out from her glossed lips. She held out her hand to me, nails painted black.

“Hi I’m Vee, your new best friend,”

**

The knock at my door was so loud I grumbled and turned over in bed. The room was drowning once again in the faint un-sunlight of the academy and my hair was a mess across the pillows.

Another knock forced me to get up and go answer it. It was when I had my hand on the doorknob that I realized I was only in panties and the shirt from yesterday, but the knocking continued so I opened the door to the person disturbing my sleep.

“You’re late,” Solomon said.

He was dressed in black jeans and a white collar shirt that made his eyes stand out with their faint blue.

“Why is that every time you come to visit me I am half naked?” I asked him. “You got a weird sixth sense that tells you when girls are exposed?”

He rolled his eyes at me.

**

“As long as I’m here I won’t let anyone hurt you,”

“Oh please Solomon, I don’t need another stalker,” I sighed again and flopped down onto the carpet.

He sat down beside me and looked so much like a teenager I was tempted to imagine him as a normal human boy and I was a normal human girl, like I used to be all those years ago.

“You have a stalker?” he asked and I laughed.

“Don’t get upset I’ll still make time for you,” I gave him a sarcastic smile.

**

“Take her to the holding cells,” Hawthorn pointed a finger at me.

Two Trackers approached me and each took an arm in their strong grasps. I tried to struggle as my anger got the best of me.

“What the hell?” I looked at the principal. “Am I under arrest?”

“I warned you about attacking a student in this manor,” she told me. “I have no choice but to lock you up and keep you away from the others.”

“I wasn’t attacking him!” I shouted at her as the Trackers took me away. “It is called making out you old witch!”

No comments:

Post a Comment