Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Author Interview with DN Simmons, author of The Pleasure Room

The Pleasure Room Banner 450 x 169

Today on the blog we have author D.N. Simmons, author of The Pleasure Room today’s book blast. We would like to thank DN fro stopping by and sharing with us.

 

About the DN Simmons:

D.N. Simmons lives in Chicago IL., with a rambunctious German Shepherd that's too big for his own good and mischievous cat that she affectionately calls "Itty-bitty". She is highly acclaimed for her groundbreaking, fast-paced and engaging novels winning “Author of the Month” at Warrior of Words, “New Voice Of Today” at Romance Reviews and “Rising Star” at Love Romance and More.

She has been nominated at Love Romances and More, for “Best Book” of 2012 and “Best Paranormal Book” of 2012.

When she isn't writing, D.N. loves to read, listen to music, watch movies and TV and hang out with friends.

To learn more, and have the opportunity to speak with the author personally, please visit her official website at www.dnsimmons.com. D.N. is always interesting in meeting new and wonderful people.

Website: http://www.dnsimmons.com

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/dnsimmonsKOTD?feature=watch

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DNSimmonsKOTD

Facebook Personal: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorDNSimmons

Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/NovelistDNSimmons

Blog: http://authordnsimmons.blogspot.com

GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1396694.D_N_Simmons

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dnsimmonsauthor/pins/

 

authorinterview

 

Did you always wanted to be a writer?

Yes. I started writing short horror stories when I was 11 years old. This is not only my dream, but I was born to entertain the many readers out there. I love it too much to see myself doing anything else.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

When I published my first novel, “Desires Unleashed:Knights of the Darkness Chronicles”

How long did it take to get your first book published?

I self-published. I really enjoy the creative freedom and my readers enjoy the originality and captivating stories I create.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

Yes, I do. When I'm not writing, I enjoy teaching adults with Developmental Disabilities.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

My latest book is called: The Pleasure Room. If I were to summarize it, I'd have to say: It is an intense erotic romantic bdsm thrill ride that will take your breath away. Suspenseful and sexy, it will blow you away.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

Well, it really depends on what's going on in my life. For the Pleasure Room, I wrote it in a month. For another book, It may take me a few months to get it published.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

Tons more books in a variety of genres. I write the stories I've always wanted to read, so I leave my options open.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

I wanted to write a sexy, bdsm story with a compelling plot and captivating characters.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?

I plug my laptop up to my TV, turn on some music... it may be just one song I have on repeat and then I get to work. :D

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

I really don't have a system for that. It has to come to me when it's ready. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of writing the book when the titles comes to me. Or sometimes, I'll get the title first.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

They just come to me as the story unfolds in my mind.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

Nope. Truth be told, I have very few character notes. I just write them as I see them in my head.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")

I have morals in all of my books. Because my characters are very realistic and dealing with real issues in each novel.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

Ebook. I love my Ipad.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favorite/worst book to movie transfer?

I think they can if the people behind the adaptation care about the source material they are working with. You can tell some books-to-movies are just manufactured and thrown out to the public to make a quick buck. They don't really care about the story they're trying to tell. Then there are those movies that are practically like the book coming to life. For example: Interview with the Vampire or Sin City.

Your favorite food is?

Seafood and steak.

Your favorite singer/group is?

Michael Jackson (singer) Queen (Group)

Your favorite color is?

Blue

Your favorite Author is?

Anne Rice

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author check out the book blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment