Thursday, April 10, 2014

Author Interview with Savannah Young, author of Wilde Riders

banner

 

Today on the blog we have author Savannah Young. Savannah is the author of Wilde Riders today’s book blast. We would like to thank Savannah for stopping by and sharing with us.

About Savannah:

clip_image002Romance novelist Savannah Young grew up in rural northwest New Jersey in a place very similar to the fictional Old Town, which is featured in her books. When she's not at her computer creating spicy stories, Savannah is traveling to exotic locales or spending time with her husband and their bloodhounds.

Media Links -

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Goodreads

clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006

 

 

authorinterview

 

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I learned to read when I was about four years old and I told my mom I wanted to write books. It hasn’t been my only profession but I’ve been writing my whole life.

How long did it take to get your first book published?

My first novel was published in 2002.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

I’m a university professor and I teach psychology.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

Wilde Riders: Four Wilde brother – One Wilde country band.

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

I own my own publishing company, Short on Time Books. I currently publish 10 authors.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

About four weeks.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

As Savannah Young, I’m going to continue to write the Old Town Country Romance series. All four of the Wilde brothers will have their own book. As Dakota Madison, I have additional New Adult romances planned for this summer.

What genre would you place your books into?

All of my books are contemporary romance. Most of my Dakota Madison books are New Adult Romance and my Savannah Young books are for a more general audience.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

Romance is a quite lucrative genre. I also love it!

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

Kian Kavanagh from my Dakota Madison FIRE ON ICE series. He’s my all-time favorite romance character. He’s been described by a reader as “1 part gladiator, 1 part Arthurian Knight, 1 part street punk, and all male.” He’s also the character that’s most like my husband.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?

I write every morning when I first wake up. Many times I will dream parts of the book, so I want to make sure I get those down. I usually write for at least an hour before I do anything else.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

I rarely read my reviews. Other people’s opinions of my work are really none of my business.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

Most of the time titles come to me first but it doesn’t always happen that way.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

I often use the “baby names” databases online. The problem with writing so many books so quickly (I wrote 12 last year as Dakota Madison) is that I’m running out of cool names!

Are character names and place names decided after their creation? Or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?

I have a difficult time creating a character if he or she doesn’t have a name. A name seems to be such an integral part of a person’s identity.

I try not to use the names of real places. I usually give a description of the place without actually naming it or creating a fictional place.

Your favorite singer/group is?

Singer: Neil Young/Group: Pearl Jam

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author, check out the book blast below.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me on your website! I appreciate it!
    Savannah Young

    ReplyDelete