Monday, April 21, 2014

Author Interview with Renea Mason, author of Symphony of Light and Winter

Symphony Of Light and Winter 450 x 169

 

Today on the blog we have author  Renea Mason for an interview. Renea is the author of one of today’s book blasts Symphony of Light and Winter. We would like to thank Renea for stopping by and sharing with us.

 

clip_image002About Renea:

Renea Mason writes steamy romances to help even out the estrogen to testosterone imbalance caused by living in a house full of men.

When she isn’t putting pen to paper crafting sensual stories filled with supernatural lovers, she spends time with her beyond-supportive husband, two wonderful sons and three loving but needy cats.

Her debut novel, Symphony of Light and Winter, finished second for Best New Paranormal Series of 2013 in Paranormal Cravings’ Battle of the Books and received a third place award for Best New Paranormal Romance of 2013 in The Paranormal Romance Guild’s Reviewers Choice Awards.

Renea is a member of Romance Writers of America, The Paranormal Romance Guild and The Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal subchapter of the Romance Writers of America.

She is also a founding member of Coffee Talk Writers and the Coffee Talk website–a site designed to support established writers and foster new talent.

http://www.ReneaMason.com

http://www.Facebook.com/ReneaMasonAuthor

http://www.Facebook.com/symphonyoflightandwinter

http://www.Pinterest.com/ReneaMason

http://www.goodreads.com/ReneaMason

http://reneamason.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/ReneaMason1

http://www.amazon.com/ReneaMason/e/B00DIMOX2S/

 

 

authorinterview

 

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

No, I didn’t. I wanted to be a Broadway singer, but life has a funny way of defining your destiny. It all worked out for the best.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I considered myself a “real writer” as soon as I signed my first check for deposit.

How long did it take to get your first book published?

I published my first novel one year from the time I started writing. It was the only piece of fiction I had ever written.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

I work as a business advisor for a Fortune 100 Company. My day job has nothing to with writing, but I still very much enjoy it.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

Between the Waters – Symphony of Light Book Two will be released this summer. 20 words or less…

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

I am a published author with Etopia Press.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

I can write a novel in 4 months if life allows it, but with young children and a demanding day job I’ve managed a short story and one novel in my first year.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I plan to continue the Symphony of Light series until the characters tell me to stop. It is labeled a paranormal erotic romance. I am also planning a contemporary ménage trilogy this year—entitled Curing Doctor Vincent.

What genre would you place your books into?

Paranormal and Erotic Romance

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

I don’t know that I decided. I wrote the book and then labeled it. I write what the characters tell me to. J

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

Cyril and Overton. They are two sides of the same person. Equally compelling in very different ways.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?

I started writing in 2012. Symphony of Light and Winter compelled me to write. I decide one day to start writing it down… and here we are.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?

I need silence, which is at a premium in a house with two preschool boys.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Typically.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

I started writing the book without a title. I joined a critique site that required a title. On a whim I picked Symphony of Light and Winter. When it came time to publish, I couldn’t think of anything better. As for Between the Waters, I picked the titles before I write the book.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

I have no idea. It just comes to me.

Are character names and place names decided after their creation? Or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?

I pretty much establish the name and character voice at the same time.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

As I go along.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")

I wouldn’t say there is a wholesome moral but there are themes and strong symbolism throughout the Symphony of Light series.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

I prefer Kindle at the moment. It’s easier to read on the go.

What is your favorite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?

I don’t have just one. I love Misery by Stephen King, Anne Rice’s Vampire Series, anything from JR Ward, Jeaniene Frost, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Karen Marie Moning.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favorite/worst book to movie transfer?

I don’t think they translate well. Twilight didn’t translate well in my opinion.

Your favorite food is?

Tomatoes

Your favorite singer/group is?

Indigo Girls, Heart, Florence + the Machine, Tori Amos and many more.

Your favorite color is?

Black

Your favorite Author is?

JR Ward, Jeaniene Frost, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Karen Marie Moning.

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author, check out the book blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment