Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Guest Author Julia Debski –The Music That Wrote The Hazel Tree

 

The Hazel Tree Banner 450 x 169

 

Today on the blog guest author Julia Debski shares her writing journey with us, and what music influenced her while writing The Hazel Tree.

 

guestpost

 The Music That Wrote The Hazel Tree

by Julia Debski

I write to music constantly. I am one of those writers who cannot stand the silence, but rather must have noise and sound and music around me at all times. This is why I write best in busy places, like restaurants and coffee shops.

Pandora is basically my best friend. My Pandora station consists of OneRepublic, Coldplay, Postal Service, Florence & The Machine, Lorde, Lana Del Ray, the Xx, etc… That’s what I listen to when I write at home, as well as just play pretty much constantly. (Who doesn’t love a constant soundtrack to their life? - or rather, just hates the silence.) I have also found a playlist on 8track which includes some of the songs my local Starbucks plays. It’s simply called “Starbucks Playlist” and can be found with an easy search.

While each Starbucks playlist varies (some baristas have more influence than others), they have the same general sound, which oddly enough is pretty close to what I listen too, with some John Mayer and Johnny Cash thrown in.

I created a playlist for The Hazel Tree in the last few months, thanks to suggestions from fans and songs I’d come across in the past couple years that I felt matched the tone of the story perfectly.

The Hazel Tree Playlist

Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine

Paradise by Coldplay

Animal by Kopecky Family Band

Hazy by Rosi Golan

Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine

Stay Alive by Jose Gonzalez

Come Away To The Water by Maroon 5

Start Shootin by Little People

No comments:

Post a Comment