Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Author Interview with Rayna Noire, author of Revelation.

Revelation Banner 450 x 169

 

Today on the blog we have author Rayna Noire for an interview. Rayna is the author of today’s book blast Revelation. We would like to thank Rayna for stopping by and sharing with us.

 

clip_image002About Rayna:

Rayna Noire is an author and a historian. The desire to uncover the truth behind the original fear of witches led her to the surprising discovery that people believed in magick in some form up to 150 years ago. A world that believed the impossible could happen and often did must have been amazing. With this in mind, Ms. Noire taps into this dimension, shapes it into stories about a Pagan family who really isn’t that different from most people. They do go on the occasional time travel adventures and magick happens.

Twitter www.twitter.com/raynanoire

Website www.raynanoire.weebly.com

Facebook www.facebook.com/AuthorRaynaNoire

 

authorinterview

 

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I think I always wanted to be a writer, especially when I realized my career, as a super hero didn’t work out.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I always wrote, but it was hard to say when I became a “writer.” Probably when I read my permanent school record and discovered that my fifth grade teacher thought I was an excellent writer.

How long did it take to get your first book published?

Seven years, but I didn’t know too much about publishing. An agent took it and kept it for two years, I found out eventually she’d gone out of business. An editor wanted my novel. It sat on her desk for about two years until she got pink slipped. That was discouraging, but it also demonstrated the importance of persistence. That novel is now published and enjoying good reviews.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

I taught English, Science, drama, and even religion. I only work part time now. This might explain why the school scenes are so detailed.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

Revelation. In an adventure outside of time, Nora learns you cannot run from your destiny.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

It used to take me about three years. Since I am writing more on a daily basis, it usually only three months now, but it is another couple of months in editing, proofing and formatting.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I will be finishing out the Pagan Eyes series with Declaration and Affirmation, and there’s a Druidic Dreams series after that.

What genre would you place your books into?

I usually let other people tell me what genre it is. I was surprised to discover Revelation is a paranormal romance, an urban fantasy, and a suspense tale.

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

I love the grandparents, Buell and Esmeralda Hare, because they are so unlike average grandparents unless your grandparents happen to be a witch and a ceremonial magician.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?

I have recently started listening to ambient music while I write. It helps masks every day noise that might distract me.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Actually, I don’t because I have over seventeen books out under different names. Every now and then, a friend will discover a review and send it to me. It is hard for me to keep track unless I googled myself all the time.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

The title is sometimes changed. On the Pagan Eyes series, I asked people on Facebook to give me names. LaNora Magano picked most of the Pagan Eyes book names.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")

Hidden, I am trying not to laugh here. That might involve subtlety .The message might be don’t prejudge people on what you think you know about them.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

I am a traditionalist because I do like the paperback because I can pass it on when I am done.

Your favorite food is?

Hamburger fresh from the grill

Your favorite color is?

Purple

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author and her work, check out the book blast below.

1 comment: